Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: August 15th 2023
Welcome to https://alumni.poornaprajna.org/. The Website is operated by Alumni Poornaprajna, Udupi Shri Admar Mutt Education Council (“Association”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”). These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Website and any services or features available on or through the Website (“Services”). Please read the Terms carefully before using the Services. “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or any other person on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
1. Unless otherwise stated, the Association and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the Services. Association reserves the right to grant access to any and all intellectual property rights on the Services. You may access the Services for Your own personal use subject to the restrictions set in these Terms.
2. You shall not republish, reproduce, redistribute, duplicate, sell, rent, sub-license material from Services without the prior consent of the Association.
B. WEBSITE CONTENT
1. Parts of the Website may offer an opportunity for users to post articles, write ups, notes and exchange opinions and information (collectively referred to as “User Content”) in certain areas of the Website. Association does not, in the usual course, filter, edit, publish or review User Content prior to their presence on the Website. The User Content does not reflect the views and opinions of Association, its agents and/or Affiliates. The User Content reflects the views and opinions of the persons who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, We shall not be liable for the User Content or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the User Content on this website. We reserve the right to monitor all User Content and to remove any User Content which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms.
2. You warrant and represent that:
2.1. You are entitled to post the User Content on Website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
2.2. The User Content does not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent, or trademark of any third party;
2.3. The User Content does not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy;
2.4. The User Content will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
3. You agree to protect, defend, and indemnify Us against all losses that arise due to breach of the aforementioned representations and warranties.
4. You hereby grant the Association a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your User Content in any and all forms, formats or media.
5. Any content on the Website is not intended to amount to advice on which You should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of content on the Website.
6. We make no representations, warranties, or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete, or up to date.
7. We may also make available various points of information or news about the Association or its activities from time to time, or of the institutions affiliated to Udupi Shri Admar Mutt Education Council. All such points of information or news are made available in good faith and on an ‘as-is’ basis. We shall not be liable for any errors in such points of information or news made available.
C. USE OF WEBSITE
1. You may print off copies, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal use, and You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Website.
2. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded in any way, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
3. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
4. You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise, or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to the Services. This includes using (or permitting, authorising, or attempting the use of):
4.1. Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process, or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information, or services accessed via the same.
4.2. Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends, and correlations.
5. You may not use the Services in any way that: (a) breaches any applicable law or regulation; or (b) is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
6. You must not misuse the Services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Services, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use the Services will cease immediately.
7. We do not guarantee that the Services will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Services for any reasons.
8. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Services through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
D. THIRD PARTY LINKS
1. Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for Your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by Us of those linked websites or information You may obtain from them.
2. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
3. We do not guarantee that the Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
4. You are responsible for configuring Your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Services. You should use Your own virus protection software.
5. If You find any material in Our Services, that is offensive for any reason, You are free to contact and inform Us any moment. We will consider requests to remove such offensive material, but We are not obligated do so or to respond to You directly.
E. HYPERLINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
1. Government agencies, search engines and news organizations may link to Our Website without prior written approval. Online directory distributors may link to Our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other businesses. Soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups shall not hyperlink to Our Services without the prior written consent and on such terms as determined by the Association. The hyperlink by the organisations listed in this paragraph 1 should be established in a way that (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement, association with, or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services with the Association; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
2. We may consider and approve other link requests from (a) alumni; (b) commonly known consumer and/or business information sources; (c) dot.com community sites; (d) associations or other groups representing charities; (d) online directory distributors; (e) internet portals; (f) accounting, law, and consulting firms; and (g) educational institutions and trade associations.
3. If you are one of the persons listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to Our website, you must inform Us by sending Us an e-mail. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to Our Website, and a list of the URLs on Our site to which you would like to link. All requests received under paragraph 2 above shall be examined in the manner and restrictions provided in paragraph 1.
4. Notwithstanding anything contained above, We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
F. LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
1. We will not be liable to You for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, the Website; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
2. In particular, We will not be liable for: (a) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; (b) business interruption; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or (e) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
3. Please note that We only provide the Website for private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes without Our prior written consent.
G. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
1. We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time You wish to use the Website, it is advisable to check these Terms to ensure You understand the terms that apply at that time.
2. In case You are linked to the Website, any amendments would be applicable to You and You agree to be bound to and follow the amended Terms.
H. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS
We may transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indian law and the courts of Bengaluru shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us relating to these Terms.
If You have any grievance or questions about these Terms, reach out to Us at:
Alumni Poornaprajna, Udupi Shri Admar Mutt Education Council
No. 4, 16th Cross, Sadashivnagar Bangalore – 560 080.
Email Id: email@example.com